2018 Style Resolutions
New year, new you, right? Bring in the New Year with a fresh style agenda to be your best stylish self for the year ahead. Read our 10 resolutions below and pick out a few you want to tackle yourself.
1) Build From The Basics The basics are always worth investing in, because ultimately they are the pieces you wear the most. White tees, well cut jeans, a black blazer, crew neck shirts and silk slips are great pieces to splurge on and are the building blocks for a perfectly functional wardrobe.
2) Embrace Colours There is so many beautiful rich colours coming through this season, which brings the perfect opportunity to revive your creative side. Start embracing those vibrant hues that make you feel fresh and summery and don't be afraid to pair unexpected tones together. This season is all about mixing tones, patterns, and prints that are seemingly opposing but create an overall carefree and creative look.
3) Wear Clothes That Make You Confident It is so important to dress in clothing that makes you feel your absolute best and most confident self. This new year, take a moment to ask yourself what clothing makes you feel most confident and make the promise to dress yourself in these items more often.
4) Do a Wardrobe Overhaul What better time than a New Year to take a couple hours to do a wardrobe overhaul. If you've spent the year filling your wardrobe with lots of items you hardly wear, it's time to start afresh. Get rid of the items that don't represent your style and start focusing on the pieces you want to wear more often.
5) Invest In Quality Last year was a big one for ethical fashion as more people are becoming aware of the personal and global benefits of shopping ethically. On a practical level, your ethical purchases are of higher quality, ultimately stretching your wardrobe for years and saving you lots of money. Make a list of the items you'd like to invest in over the course of the next 12 months and schedule out when you want to purchase them. Calculate how much money you'll need to save in order to make that purchase and do your best to avoid any unnecessary fast fashion splurges! You'll be surprised at how much you save on clothing over the year. And when you need something new take your things into Sisters Swap to be sold and turned into credit for your Sisters & Co account.
6) Focus On Your Personal Style and Less On Trends With fast fashion stores popping up everywhere; the lines between personal style and trendiness became blurred. Take some time to determine your personal style, free from the influence of trend. Make a goal to curate your own unique style this year by wearing what you really love and what you feel expresses who you are as an individual.
7) Develop Your go-to Outfit Formula Knowing which combination works best on you will save tons of precious time. When what to wear perplexes you, you can always count on your go-to outfit for a chic result that will make you feel great. For busy women with early mornings it’s a good idea to set your outfit out the night before, to help alleviate morning stress and allow you to actually enjoy your breaky.
8) Utilise Your Entire Wardrobe We’re all guilty of only utilising the same 10 newer items in our wardrobes. The items we purchased three months ago are easily forgotten and for no good reason other than boredom. You’ll never know what new and fresh outfits you can be put together if you don’t take those forgotten pieces of clothing out and wear them. The first step is to organise your wardrobe so you can see all your options. Cramming things into storage bins will guarantee half your wardrobe never sees the light of day.
9) Shop Local It might be cheaper to shop fast fashion, but sometimes, it’s worth buying less so you can afford quality while supporting a local designer. Often a lot more care is taken when it comes to tailoring and quality so you can be sure you’re getting something that will last the distance.
10) Take Care of Your Clothes Your bedroom floor isn’t the place for your $500 cashmere sweater. Take care of your clothes and they last longer and live up to the price tag. Follow the care instructions and get garments bags around for designer items. Something as simple as knowing what laundry setting to use for certain items will keep your wardrobe looking new and fresh.