It is fast becoming time to wave goodbye to the long hot days of summer and welcome those crisp mornings, cool days and snuggly nights! Winter is the perfect time to layer up, and knuckle down….here are some hot tips to keep you cosy this winter….
I’ve bundled together a list of classic top 10 winter must haves that will have you looking cool but keeping warm as the winter chills set in. With something for everyone, make your fashion statement in style this winter.
SO HERE WE GO!
1) Camel coats – As timeless as Grace Kelly and so ultra-chic. Wear with boots, black pants or your classic blue jeans… A quality camel coat will take you anywhere, wear it well and doors will open for you.
2) Chunky Knit Cardi – snuggly, cosy and oversized, these are perfect for wrapping up on a chilly winter evening with a glass of your finest. Great over merino, cotton or just a bra, depending on if you are planning to leave the house.
featured: SASS & BIDE | THE MOVERS KNIT
3) Leather Pants – Leather pants have left the realm of the Biker chick and hit the fashion world with a rrrrooowwwweee…. Definitely an investment piece but a pair of these babies will last you a lifetime. Leather is always in fashion and here to stay. We LOVEEEE the J Brand leather pants at Sisters – but there’s not enough to go round so be in Quick!!!
featured: J BRAND | LEATHER JEAN
4) Fear not the Fur - we all love a bit of luxury and there is NOTHING that screams it more then fur in winter. So invest in one this winter, guaranteed to make you feel and look like you have just stepped off Hollywood bolivard. Wear it season after season, a fur vest or bag will be your best friend for many long winters to come!
featured: H BRAND | JESSICA FUR COAT - coming soon!
5) Oversized sunnies - These are the winter glasses of choice and add instant glamour to all of our hot layered looks. Remember in winter…excess is best!
featured: KAREN WALKER | OPTIMIST FRAMES
6) Ankle Boots – keep the ankle biters at bay when you wear these out! They flatter ALL leg shapes and look great with dresses, jeans and tucked into tights. They are the new boot of the season and there are sooo many great shapes to choose from.
featured: SOL SANA | JESSY FELINE & NIC BOOT
7) Animal print – Take inspiration from the animal kingdom, Zebra, leopard, giraffe…anything goes….wear it in a scarf or in a shirt or tee it’s a seasonal classic and adds instant style!
featured: EQUIPMENT | RILEY PYTHON PRINT TEE
8) Cashmere wrap – ohhh la la! You will have this forever and is the most perfect piece to shove in your bag and pull out for chilly days. Great as a throw and doubles as a scarf! There is NOTHING more gorgeous then cashmere against your skin. Once you have one you will want one in ALL colours!
featured: STANDARD ISSUE | SNUG AS A BUG SHRUG
9) Tailored Blazer – Boy meets girl styling is still oh so hot on all the catwalks this winter… so ladies….mix it up! Great from smart to casual, chuck on over a tee, with a scarf and jeans or pair it with your favourite winter dresses. Black, navy or natural you can’t ever go wrong with a couple of these as winter staples.
featured: LIAM | DECIDED BLAZER
10) Perfect Shift – The winter shift is back! Wear it short and loose with a pair of stockings and boots and you are good to go, throw on a scarf, coat, fur bag and sunnies and you have perfected the look.
featured: SISTERS | GRANITE DRESS
….Minimalism is out this winter, nothing is too much, have fun, don’t be scared of clashing colours or textures, play around and make a statement! There is lots to love about winter and layers of fabulous clothes have got to be on the top of the list.