What started off as rugged fabric for workers because of its amazing durability has turned into a fashion revolution and obbession - the humble denim jean. Denim is versatile, tough and loyal. It is fashionable and can last forever. I own dozens of pairs and each summer as the nights lengthen and the days grow cooler, i cant help but feel my heart start to race as i know its nearing the time to dust off my blue jean buddies.
What's in store for denim wearing this season?
1) NEW season jeans have a serious dose of personality. Prints are bold, geometric, filled with colour and pack a serious punch.
2) BLOCK colours are back with a new winter warmth. Khakis plums and navys are top trend picks which tie back to the rich jewel tones of the season. Look great with chunky knits and boots.
3) WORN denim is still hot. A pair of jeans that shoes the love rips holes and fading turn a humble pair of denims into a story. Buy them distressed or start your own with a good pair of dark ink jeans.
4) FOR an uber-sexy, off-duty model look, go for the boyfriend jean. Embrace the loose-fit phenomenon but always synch it in with a belt. This has become a new favourite of mine and is best worn super-slouchy. Great teamed with t-shirts and knits. Girls, choose your boyfriends carefully, you WILL be wanting to raid their wardrobes.
5) SKINNY jeans are back with a vengeance. I welcome new, innovative fabrics that fit like a second skin and make your body sing. These new fabrics mean you can find denim that fits like a glove and feels like you are wearing nothing. Hot.
6) FOR a more classic sophisticated look go for the straight leg. Beautiful with a tailored shirt and jacket. You could easily slip into the boardroom wearing these.
7) JEAN jackets - they're back and they're bad. A wardrobe must get them faded, in raw denim or ripped up. Team them with your favourite girly frock, your faded tee and boyfriend jean or your everyday pants. My denim hero, J Brand, has just released their new season versions in stores and they are to die for.
8) HELLO to the denim shirt. Double denim up, girls. Best worn oversized. Roll up the sleeves or through it on with a chunky knit cardi and a large bag for the easy, breezy, take-you-anywhere look.