There is nothing that gets us girls in a flutter more then the agonising question of what to wear – and none more then the iconic Melbourne Cup.
So, since looking posh is what Melbourne Cup is about, here are my picks for finding that fabulous frock, nailing that fabulous but functional heel and heading to the races for a day of fun, frittering and frivolity!
- Make a statement with the Stunning Camilla Drawstring dress. With its vibrant colour, stunning silk prints and bohemian detailing this outfit will guarantee you stand out from the crowd.
- Play it up with the Ruby Vanda Playsuit. On trend with the white floral print, ballet wrap style top you will look fresh and fabulous from day to night.
- Keep it feminine and floaty with the Juliette Hogan Josephine maxi dress in apricot or chambray. Team it back with Lonely Lingerie or for the not so daring the Juliette Hogan classic slip – either way you will be a winner!
- Karen Walkers new resort prints are fresh, slightly nautical and perfect for the lady who doesn’t want to go unnoticed. For a sleeve option try the Amidships Ruffle dress or for a sleeveless style try the boating dress – frilly and fabulous!
- You won’t be lonely in the Lonely Hearts lace dress in cream or black. Sexy, sleeky and sophisticated these are classic colours for corporate events and perfect race-day attire.
- Complete your ensemble with on point block heels. Perfect for a long day on your feet and walking on grass the Kathryn Wilson Inger heel in black or nude will compliment and complete all race-wear – or for a pop of colour try the Joanna Heel in Aqua which will make a statement without breaking a leg!
- And last but not least remember hair, make-up and nails. Race-days are all about the grooming so book in for a mani & pedi, get a blow dry for your hairdresser and if makeup isn’t your thing get it professionally done. Melbourne Cup only happens once a year so make it worthwhile!